By February 2012, an improved and more competent Aakash-2, world’s most affordable tablet PC, is expected to be launched at the same price as its previous version. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Rajasthan has confirmed the improvements made in Aakash-1, which was launched on October 5. HRD minister Kapil Sibal said that new version of Aakash will be launched during January-February, 2012.
The team of engineers at Datawind has come up with the upgraded version of the Aakash tablet. This upgraded version of Aakash is called Ubislate7+.
In order to make Aakash-2 smarter, the IIT Rajasthan has decided to include a built-in camera to it, to ensure video chatting facility to its users. It also will include a seven-inch touch screen for a better look.
This version is a result of feedback from IIT students, who tested Aakash-1, and claimed some of the problems of the current version, which include frequent hanging, overheating within 30 minutes, not supporting all formats, poor sound quality, and lack of ability to install software available online.
Though the Aakash-2 will be available by February 2012, to meet the government’s target of supplying it to 2 million students is still a challenge.
I think every one who are willing to order Akash tab will be waiting for upgraded version, as it has many features compared to recent version.
The specifications of Aakash Tablet version 2.0 are as under
- Screen – 7” resistive
- Operating System – Android 2.3
- Processor – Cortex A8 – 700 Mhz in addition to Graphics Accelerato
- HD Video Co-processor
- Storage – 2GB Flash Memory with 2GB Micro SD card which is expandable up to 32GB
- Memory -256 MB RAM
- Network – Wi-Fi Enabled
- Connectivity – 2 USB ports
- Battery – 3200 mAh
- Web Browser – DataWind Accelerated Browser
- Modem – Inbuilt cellular and Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)
- GPRS & Phone functionality.
- Use can use any ordinary pen-drive
- Games full office suite, Educational Softwares, Over 150,000 apps available.
Official website for online order: www.ubislate.com