When we say tweets, you understand about Twitter. The status updates or the posts that are posted on Twitter are known as Tweets. They are short ad meaningful, that’s why very much popular. Twitter provides the facility of deleting the tweets, to help the people who have posted unwanted tweets on the platform. With the deletion feature, many of the users can get rid of the unwanted tweets, that they have mistakenly posted. But for the celebrities, it’s quite difficult, as a wrong tweet will cause social disruption, that’s why they always keep an eye on the same.
If you are someone who wants to find that interesting or controversial tweet that has been deleted, then you should be able to find a tweet that someone has deleted. You won’t find the news bites or even knowledge in the live tweets, but they are deleted. If you are interested in such things, then you are in the right place. In this post, we are going to share detailed information on the ways you can find a tweet that someone has deleted. With the tips and tricks mentioned in this post, you can easily find the deleted tweets on Twitter and use them to your advantage.
Table of Contents
How to Find A Deleted Tweet on Twitter
If you have accidentally deleted the tweet or looking for someone else’s tweet, then these methods will help you a lot. In this section, we are listing a few trusted and working methods to help you out.
#Method 1 – Use Advanced Search on Twitter
The advanced search feature will help you with searching the tweets, that you might not find. Most of the time, it will show the deleted tweets if someone has deleted them. So, you’ll be able to find almost everything with ease. Here are the exact steps to find a tweet that someone has deleted.
- First of all, open the “Advanced Search” page on Twitter. ( https://twitter.com/search-advanced?lang=en )
- In the Advanced Search, go to the “People” subheading.
- Now, you have to enter the username with @. You can enter your Username or someone else’s username according to your needs.
- Now, select the dates according to your needs. You can choose the past dates when the User has deleted the tweets. Once selecting the dates, click “Search” and wait for a few seconds.
- Within a few seconds, you’ll get all the tweets made by that person in the selected date range. You can also find the deleted tweets in this section.
#Method 2 – Request Twitter Archive
Twitter archives your all data and provides you whenever you want. This data includes all the tweets, messages, and mentions that you’ve done on the platform. There is a simple process to ask for the Twitter Archive, which will provide you with all the information, including your deleted tweets. Here is the exact procedure for the same.
- First of all, visit the “Account Settings” page in your Twitter account. To open the Account Settings, click on the Profile Photo and then select “Account Settings”. Also, you can click on this link to open the page.
- Now, Go to the “Content” section, and find the “Request Your Archive” button. Click on the same to request for your archive.
- Once you click the button, it will take a few minutes to process the archive and provide you with the link to download the same.
- After a few minutes, you’ll receive a notification once the Archive is completed. Now, download the Archive and explore the data to find All of the tweets, included the deleted tweets.
#Method 3 – Use Wayback Machine
Wayback Machine is the project, which crawls the web pages and keeps track of the content. You can find the old version of your Twitter profile on the Wayback Machine.
- First of all, visit the Wayback Machine on Archive.org.
- In the search field, enter your Twitter Profile URL and press ENTER to start searching.
- Now, you’ll see all the dates, on which the Wayback Machine has archived your tweets. Search in the dates section to find the snapshot of your Twitter profile and get the information on Deleted tweets. You can enter your username or even other people’s usernames to get the data for the same.
Twitter is an interesting platform and people always do rant and share their opinion. It’s a perfect place to get the knowledge and learn more about any topic. If you are looking for specific tweets that someone has deleted or you have accidentally deleted the same, then you should follow these tips. We’ve tried these tips and they are perfectly working to find the tweets that someone has deleted. So, all you have to do is to follow these methods to find the tweets that you need.