What Should You Know When Talking to an IT Support Company
It happens to every company at the moment in time. The time comes when you need to quit the IT support company you work with, for various reasons, from relocation or restructuring to “mismatch of character.” This is the time when, if you are not well informed, switching from one company to another can be an incredible headache. Read here.
We thought about it and made a list of essential information to ask the old company to make the transfer to the next IT team as comfortable as possible. First of all, it is essential that the usernames and passwords not be emailed or stored on drives that have more people access.
Now, here’s what you need to have:
- Usernames and passwords for server administrator accounts
- Usernames and passwords for the administrator’s primary account
- Usernames and passwords for your antivirus account
- Username and password for the backup account
- Usernames and passwords for other specific software
- PC or Mac Administrator Accounts
- Details of Internet connection
- Details of the website connection
- Usernames and passwords for the internet router
- Any information related to the network plus passwords, if any
- Contact details and account details for your Internet provider
- Usernames and passwords for the PBX
- Website hosting features
Keeping all this information in a safe place is imperative. Companies like Decypher Technologies can provide you with such a “Secret Server” where data is kept secure, password protected and encrypted. In addition to protecting your data, store.SAFE is also trusted to recover data in the event of a disaster, whether it is a fire or earthquake, or merely an intentional lousy employee.
7 reasons to use IT outsourcing
IT outsourcing is internationally recognized as the strategic use of external resources in such a way that, with the help of these, it is possible to perform activities traditionally managed by internal staff. In short, outsourcing is a strategy adopted by an organization that identifies vital and major functions, which it transmits to specialized and efficient vendors who in turn become eventually valuable business partners. In some cases, outsourcing also involves the transfer of employees from the company concerned to the outsourcing company.
Reasons why companies outsource
There are some reasons why a company can choose to outsource specific functions in its business. Among the most common, we mention:
- Reducing and controlling operating costs – Expenditure on employment, training, health insurance, taxes, or taxes are eliminated in full;
- Improving company focus points – if the niche IT is not the focus of the company or business, it’s much better to manage this item by industry specialists and professionals;
- Getting full access to world-class capabilities – Professionals at the bottom of outsourcing services have a lot more information in the field, which is why your company will benefit from the expected result, passed through the filter of all the professional team members;
- Delivering internal resources and other purposes – often using internal resources for an inefficient strategy could lead to unnecessary spending. An eloquent example is highlighted by hiring an IT professional niche in the company. Its work could be replaced by outsourcing, which means low costs on employment, training, salary and many other things that come in the package;
- Fluidizing and increasing efficiency in time-consuming functions – for this, it is imperative to use a company that provides IT outsourcing services. However, in the long term, constant monitoring will be needed;
- Maximizing the use of external resources – the entire capital can be focused on the primary elements of any company, without having to resort to internal, internal resources;
- Sharing risks with a partner company – the less the chances are reduced for the company, the better. Experts on the IT niche still know what needs to be improved, added or eliminated, so that the field in question can be maintained at optimal parameters.
Description of technical assistance services
The technical assistance and IT support we offer follows every stage of the process triggered by our client’s call. Technical assistance begins with receiving the request by Help Desk staff; each technical assistance incident is issued a unique call management ticket through the Support HQ application, in the first phase, trying to solve the form on the spot with the help of the Knowledge Base. Click this.
If the Help Desk operators do not close the incident, the call is taken over by a Service Desk technician or engineer, and the event is resolved remotely through a secure VPN or on-site connection. Following the closure of the support ticket, the solution will be introduced into the Knowledge Base, thus helping to resolve the incident at the Help Desk level while optimizing the technical assistance process.