Android vs. Windows
Nokia Lumia 520 is great windows phone for beginners with the major specs a good smartphone should have. It is carrying latest software “windows 8”, 1 GHz dual core processor and 5 megapixel camera in just Rs. 18,400.However, there are some potential competitors of this phone due to which it is having difficulty in making a high place in the market. Now let’s look at 3 hot rivals of this smartphone.
Sony Xperia U HTC Desire C Sony Xperia Ray
- Sony Xperia Ray: Rs. 18,000
- HTC Desire C: Rs.18,000
- Sony Xperia U: Rs.18,200
- Nokia Lumia 520: Rs. 18,400
As concern to prices, all the rivals have lower price than Nokia 520 and when compared with each other, their prices are similar. So it gives Nokia disadvantage over its rivals, resisting customers to purchase it.
- Sony Xperia ray has 480 x 854 pixels, 3.3 inches, Scratch-resistant glass, Bravia Mobile engine and Touch sensitive controls Sensors.
- HTC Desire C has 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches, Multitouch
Sensors and (HTC Sense UI v4.0).
- Sony Xperia U has 480 x 854 pixels, 3.5 inches,
Sensors and LED-backlit LCD, captive touchscreen.
- Nokia 520 has 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches
Sensors and Scratch-resistant glass, Multitouch.
Comparing the above specs, Nokia enjoys superiority in display over the other three mobiles. It has the largest screen with scratch resistant glass.
- Sony Xperia ray has 8 MP camera with LED flash. Some extra features include Geo-tagging, face & smile detection, touch focus, image stabilization and Video recording of 720p.
- HTC Desire C has 5 MP camera without flash. Some extra features include autofocus, geo-tagging and 480p video recording.
- Sony Xperia U has 5 MP camera with LED flash. Some features include Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama, image stabilization and secondary camera.
- Nokia 520 has 5 MP camera. Some features include autofocus, 1/4 inches sensor size, Geo tagging and Video recording of 720p.
Sony Xperia Ray has the best camera among these 4. Although the camera features are similar to that of Xperia U but it has best megapixels.
Battery and Operating System
All the three rivals of Nokia Lumia 520 have android operating system while Nokia 520 has windows. As android has better battery life than windows so Nokia Lumia 520 has disadvantage in this case over its rivals.
- Nokia Lumia 520 has an elegant design with some attractive colours. It is portable phone with 124g weight and standard height.
- Sony Xperia Ray has overall a standard size but is among the thinnest and lightest phone. Its easy to use style makes it easy to control it with one hand.
- HTC Desire C has a similar design as other HTC phones within the range of 18,000. However, its size and weight are similar to that of Sony Xperia Ray.
- Sony Xperia U, despite being a little thicker, its design is still competitive among many productions of mobile companies. Its beautiful design also provides a good grip of the phone.
Comparing the above, we come to know that the most portable of these are HTC Desire C and Sony Xperia. However, HTC Desire C’s design has not something very new. So if considering the appearance, Nokia 520 is also a good choice. So generally Nokia Lumia has a nice layout but Sony Xperia Ray is also a decent choice. In conclusion, it’s the choice of customer which makes the phone better in this case. Recommended are Nokia Lumia 520 and Sony Desire Ray.
Reviewing the above comparisons, we come to the judgement that Sony Xperia Ray is the most potential rival of Nokia Lumia 520. With its economical price, Sony Xperia Ray is the best among these four. This is also because no other rival has sufficient features to compete with it.